India , land of dreams. It is a country having one of the richest and most vivid histories and heritage and also the largest democracy in the world.
India is also famous for a lot of things around the whole world from yoga to different cultures to its diversity from its travel destinations and to its rich past but one thing that our incredible india is better at doing than any other country is celebrating festivals.
We have brought you the list of top things which makes our country unique from rest of the world..!
1. Country of festivals!!
India is country of festivals. Its diverse religious and cultural backgrounds gets to celebrate festivals of different kinds and colors. Festivities in our country is so special to experience. Here every month from starting till the end, comes with a particular festival in India. Celebrations on streets during Durga Puja, Ganesh Chathurthi, Janamashtmi and Holi also shows the real dancing talents and love of the people of India.
2. Indian Food!!
- In India Recipes are passed down from generation to generation. If you practice a single recipe for hundreds of years, you’re going to get it right. Indian Foods are so popular in the world that many Hollywood and western television is showing it too. Here, we eat with our eyes and nose before our mouth, Indian food is both rich in fragrance and colorful.
3. 35 World Heritage Sites in India!!
World Heritage Sites in India are considered to be of great immense cultural and natural importance in the world. List of the sites-
- Nalanda Mahavihara (Nalanda University), Bihar
- Khangchendzonga National Park, Sikkim
- Capitol Complex, Chandigarh
- Great Himalayan National Park, Himachal Pradesh
- Rani Ki Vav, Patan, Gujarat
- Group of Monuments at Hampi, Karnataka
- Group of Monuments at Pattadakal, Karnataka
- Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Madhya Pradesh
- Hill Forts of Rajasthan
- Mahabodhi Temple Complex at Bodh Gaya, Bihar
- Churches and Convents of Goa
- Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
- Great Living Chola Temples, Tamil Nadu
- up of Monuments at Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu
- Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka, Madhya Pradesh
- Ajanta Caves, Maharashtra
- Ellora Caves, Maharashtra
- Elephanta Caves, Maharashtra
- Kaziranga Wild Life Sanctuary, Assam
- Manas Wild Life Sanctuary, Assam
- Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur, Rajasthan
- Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks, Uttarakhand
- Sundarbans National Park, West Bengal
- Western Ghats
- Humayun’s Tomb, New Delhi
- Red Fort Complex, Delhi
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus), Maharashtra
- Sun Temple, Konark, Odisha
- Jantar Mantar, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Agra Fort, Uttar Pradesh
- Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh
- Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- Mountain Railways of India
- Qutb Minar and its Monuments, New Delhi
- Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, Gujarat
World’s movie capital is not Hollywood but ‘Bollywood’. Bollywood nickname for Indian film industry is in Mumbai. Bollywood has given the world some of the finest actors and filmmakers like Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit and Hrithik Roshan. Hindi Film Industry also produce films in various languages like Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Marathi etc
5. Famous Holy Yatra in India
Yatra in Indian religions means a pilgrimage to holy places. Devotees visit holy Yatra and pay homage to temples. These Yatra offers Indians a sense of belongingness and Purity in life.
The famous Yatra in India are-
- Hajj Yatra
- Amaranth Yatra
- Vaishno Devi
- Kashi Yatra
- Chota Char Dham Yatra